space at air university
space 101, the basics
| tutorials & short courses
universities & colleges
see also space professionalism
especially national security space institute (nssi)
see also syllabi of AU and other space courses
see also the Air University space lab
see also news & reference
- Air University ___[return to top]
- See also syllabi of AU and other space curriculum
- Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT) with space-related courses and degrees, such as astronautical engineering and physics
- Center for Space Studies and Research (CSSR), AFIT
- Future military space leaders must understand the importance of research to continued American technological leadership in military space, and research is at the heart of the AFIT educational experience. The Center strengthens AFIT's space-related research in all departments by identifying research opportunities and coordinating AFIT's research efforts with the National Security Space Community. The Center places special emphasis on ensuring that AFITís curriculum and research support Air Force Space Commandís mission needs in space control, space force application, space force enhancement, and space support. We also place a high priority on meeting the educational and research needs of the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO).
- Air University Space Primer
- SpaceCast 2020
- Air Force 2025
- Space 101, the Basics ___[return to top]
- AU-18 Space Primer, 2009
- Basics of Space Flight, Jet Propulsion Lab
- Useful Principles of Orbitology, from Space Power Theory, by Oberg
- A Discussion of Spacelift, from Space Power Theory, by Oberg
- Orbital Dynamics for the Compleat Idiot, by Washburn, in Naval War College Review, Winter 1999
- Fact Sheets
- Space Almanac, Air Force Magazine
- Other Tutorials & Short Courses ___[return to top]
- Space Education and Training, Space Professional Development, Air Force Space Command (sorry, we can't link to it from this page)
- Education includes short courses for levels 100 thru 300, and support courses
- Training includes short courses such as familiarization with particular theaters of deployment
- Space-Related Links - includes university programs, tutorials, short courses, and other education-related links
- Air and Space Power Course, from the College of Aerospace Doctrine, Research and Education (CADRE)
- Navy FNMOC Satellite tutorial, including Data Information Processing/Distribution Subsystem (SATIPS) and items such as the effect of ice on imagery
- NAVSTAR GPS Tutorial, Navy
- Ocean Surface Topography from Space, NASA and JPL
- Radar Meteorology - Online Remote Sensing Guide, U. of Ill.
- Remote Sensing Tutorial, NASA
- Basics of Remote Sensing from Satellite, NOAA
- Satellite Communications Tutorial, NASA
- Landsat Tutorial, NASA
- Learning About Satellites and Remote Sensing, NOAA
- Software ___[return to top]
- Listing of products below does not imply any type of endorsement of those products by any person or organization of DoD or the US government.
- MicroMSI for Windows
- MicroMSI for Windows is a remote sensing imagery analysis program designed for use in introductory courses in remote sensing. MicroMSI for Windows is a public domain program and may be freely redistributed for non-commercial purposes.
- Satellite Tool Kit (STK) - visualization and analysis tool
- STK Standard is available free of charge to all qualified aerospace and defense professionals.
- Check with the vendor for details regarding educational licenses for STK advanced modules.
- University Programs ___[return to top]
- International Space University (ISU), from master's course to continuing ed short courses
- Space Policy Institute, Elliot School of International Affairs, George Washington University - "conducts research on space policy issues, organizes seminars, symposia, and conferences on various topics, and offers graduate courses on space policy"
- Naval Postgraduate School (NPS)
- Space Systems Academic Group offers degrees in
- Space Systems Operations
- Space Systems Engineering
- Universities Space Research Association (USRA)
- Member Universities, with their programs
- All member institutions have graduate programs in space sciences or engineering.
- SPACE.EDU - Space Studies Department, at the University of North Dakota
- The Space Studies Department at the University of North Dakota has trained military personnel for nearly two decades; first from the Grand Forks and Minot Air Force bases, and since 1996 world-wide in our distance education program. Between 25 and 50% of our graduates each year are active-duty USAF personnel. Space Studies offers both individual courses and an accredited Masterís Degree program both on-campus and at a distance.
- Astronautical Engineering programs at various universities
- Other ___[return to top]
[return to top]